Saturday, March 06, 2010

A True Mommy's Helper

I have recently acquired a great helper with so many things. I am trying VERY hard to make sure she knows just how much I appreciate her help, and how proud I am of her. It actually makes me proud and sad all at the same time. It means my baby is growing up. She assures me she will never get married, and will always live at home with me; I hope she still feels like that when she is 15!!! I can't believe how much she has matured and grown up in the last 6 months. The things she does to help out; the things she does out of the kindness of her heart; and the things she does simply because amaze me. Take for example tonight at dinner; Liv waned the Tinkerbell spoon that I had already given to Addison. Liv through a huge fit; crying screaming, and whining. Addison so politely just switches spoons with her. I try to explain that she does not have to do that. Liv can have the Tinkerbell spoon next time. Addison can keep it. "It's okay mom, she can have it...I a okay with that"...Addison, I love you so much and you amaze me each day!

3 comments:

mamo said...

I too have noticed the maturity in the last 6 months. she should have a great year in Kindergarten!

mamo said...

oops. one more things. that is quite the outfit you have on Addison!

ccarring said...

Mommy ~ Don't hold Addison (or your other children) to the comment about never getting married and that she will always live with you... I heard that many times too when I had little ones; however, they do grow up, they do marry, and they move away.... It's a work in progress (forever) to maintain those relationships but well worth the time and effort.

Addison is amazing and a very mature little girl, so caring, very bright, remembers and understands more than one realizes. She takes it all in and processes it. However, don't forget her age and allow her to be just that.

Each of your girls have different strengths and all equally important in their own unique way. This is always so fun to watch and try to figure out what makes them tick and then to watch how they blossom.

You and Tony have been very blessed. From the day you said "I do" the Lord has been watching over you. May you always show your children that the Lord is first and foremost and with that everything else will fall into place. You will miss that part of education in the public schools, so you will have to work harder at it at home.

Love you all for always and in all ways