Saturday, March 13, 2010

Roller Skating Party

We have had a few firsts lately...roller skating has been amongst the newest! It was fun, challenging and scary! The girls were invited to a birthday party at the roller skating rink. They were excited to go. Skates on, wheels locked and out to the skate rink we went. Sweaty hands, mom sweating holding preschoolers up, more sweaty hands that tremble when I let go to wipe my hands off. Eventually they worked up some courage and I could feel my hands again and they weren't sweaty! After a few times around, it was time for some games. Neither of the girls were brave enough to try that, I probably wouldn't have been either! It took me a while to get my bearings straight and my footing. I can not remember the last time I was on roller skates. It was a little awkward at first. Especially as I went skating across the slick floor to put our shoes away. Bout feel on my behind!!! We did have fun though and the girls really enjoyed and have already been asking to go again!


1 comments:

ccarring said...

Soon they willbe outside roller skating, ice skating, riding bikes and no stopping them :-)