Monday, March 01, 2010

An Overdue Return

I warned you I would not have my computer with me! But now I am home...

A trip down south was supposed to mean warmth and sunshine. There was hardly any warmth!! Glad I took my winter coat. The adventure to Atlanta was great. The conference was excellent and the company great. I think the girls and Tony survived. Had to call in back-up for Liv's full head of thick hair!!!

Just so you can all know that I could survive in the "big" city. We rode the MARTA (a railway tram) from the airport to some street that was supposed to be close to the hotel. What hotels in 2010 don't have shuttles? Well apparently we found the one! So we get off this railway and what do you know. It is about 40 MPH winds, 25 degrees and get this, yes it is MIDNIGHT!!! And we have to walk about 4-5 LONG blocks to the hotel!! I think outside of the time I spent in San Fransisco I haven't seen so many homeless people in a long time. My feelings are always mixed for them. Anyway, the walk at midnight was just that; long, cold and sort of a run!

It was definatly nice to be home; although I was exhausted. We were up at 3:30am eastern time to cathc our flight home. I think I was in bed by 7:55pm Saturday night, took 2 naps on Sunday and barely made it today!! So now, we are home, I have snapping pictures and have all sort of goofy ones to share with you! I am hoping to get a GREAT one tomorrow of Addison!!! I can't tell you why...will ruin the surprise! Check back in about 24 hours!

I got to finish going through the girls backpacks and find thier March calendars. As Olivia told me earlier tonight her calendar was missing and I needed to find it so I would know what was going on at school. And according to Liv; "my calendar isn't on the frigerlator mom"....

1 comments:

mamo said...

wish some of may parents and their kids would make the calendar important on their "frigelator!"