Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Greetings from No Man Lands

We are still alive, and we are still busy. Busy as ever it seems. However, despite the business that seems to plague this blog; I am giving up Facebook for Lent and dedicating myself to this blog. I am going to TRY and write EVERY single day. There will NOT always be pictures, but more or less what we are up to and what we have been doing. Each week I will have a sayings day. It will be a series of crazy things the girls say to me throughout the day!! It should be fun, and I hope that I can do this and keep up with it. So, starting tomorrow...40 days of blogging!! I can hardly wait!! :)

Until then, I will leave you with a fun Olivia quote from today. Let me set the scene for you:

We have an 11:10am doctors appointment for Ella. I get the girls early from school, and we get to the doctors right at 11am. We arrive early because Ella has to have her blood drawn for her kidney stuff. We get right into the lab for that; and then the waiting begins. We get called back to the exam room at 11:22am. The nurse asks me to strip Ella down to her diaper. I expect her to follow me into the room. Nope, 10 minutes later she comes in to weigh her and take all the necessary measurements. I have now given Addison and Liv "the lecture". You know the one, behave, listen to me, I should not have to ask you twice to sit in the chair....you do all this and I have a bribe for you!! Yeah, you have all been there at some time...except maybe Cassie. (Trust me though, your time will come). The two older girls now are sitting nicely in their seats. Ella is laying on the floor screaming "noooooo", and "ouch". I am sure the nurses think I am beating her. The exam room is hot, small and we are cramped in there. Addison decides she is hot, hungry, thirsty, tired of waiting, tired of listening to Ella scream and cry and continues to whine despite my growing headache. She lays on the floor, trys to flip on the chair and sprawls her coat, and shoes on the floor only to have Ella trip on them numerous times. It is now 11:55am. It seems like we have been in this room for at least an hour. Olivia is sitting nicely, and reminds Addison of that. Addison does not take to kindly to the reminder from her little sister. Ella is still screaming, trying to get into cabinet doors, drawers, the trash....FINALLY the doctor walks in (12:02pm); and right on cue, Addison and Olivia fall apart with their good behavior. I am now bracing for the parenting skills that are going to follow and I will proudly display to my children's doctor. Hoping and praying she would find sympathy for me!! She talks to me amongst the loud ruckus that pursues from right behind me. I apologize for my children's behavior...she tries to tell me that this is nothing compared to her house with 3 boys. I am sure she is trying to make me feel better. We FINALLY leave the parking lot at 12:17pm. Yes, we only saw the doctor for less than 15 minutes.

Oh, you are asking what the funny quote was from Olivia?? She kept asking while we were waiting for the doctor "when is Dr. Seuss going to be here mom"? Okay, I thought it was comical! Guess you had to be there!! Now, you have a little insight into me day!!

5 comments:

Jenny and Kevin said...

Love it, and thanks to the great description I can pretty much hear it all playing out! I'll be reading daily, can't wait!!!

Claire said...

I like the giving up FB for Lent. I hadn't decided on what I was going to do yet but that might be a good one....don't know if I can blog every day though but I will for sure enjoy seeing yours!

Cassie and Lou said...

haha I love it Ker! Great description of the girls and their antics. How's Liv feeling? Any better?

Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to tune in tomorrow for the next installment of the Chapman Family!

ccarring said...

I think dr offices need to have "family rooms" just like the airports are putting in family restrooms (larger rooms for strollers, an extra chair, baby changing table, some even have two "potties", etc) and not crowd a family into a two person room.
Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures :-)

Villanueva Family said...

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. I have had this scene play out a few times, in a very similar manner, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one. :)
Terri