Monday, October 27, 2008

"Zip it Momma"

I took the girls to Omaha this weekend for some Halloween festivities. After work I picked the girls up at daycare and headed out. I got the report from the sitter that Addison did not take a nap and Olivia had only slept for about 30 minutes on Friday. Oh good, I am thinking to myself. After they eat, both of them will fall asleep. Addison did, Olivia just wanted to talk to me until Ella started crying. (By the way, I was also expecting Ella to sleep the whole way - she didn't). Olivia didn't like Ella crying and started telling her to zip it. "Zip it Ella". Where in the world did she learn this I am thinking to myself. I kindly explain to her amongst Ella crying that we should not say that because it really isn't nice. The more I say it to her, the louder I get, "zip it momma, zip it". I am not having any of this. What is happening to the sweet innocence of my 2 year old? So now I am ignoring it. She is still saying it...but when she realizes I am not responding, she does stop. So to all of you out there...don't say "zip it"!!!

1 comments:

Jenny and Kevin said...

I can sympathize. Leo kept saying "Shut up!" the other night, to Kevin and to me, which he learned from watching Toy Story (I promise I never say it!). And each time we tried to get him to stop, it got louder! Ignoring is really best I guess.