Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Shriners Circus

We have so many pictures of the girls lately that we would like to share, but I know some of you are patiently waiting for the circus pictures!! So I will post those today and the others soon. Tony and I took Addison out for a "date". We went out to dinner; let her pick where, and then went to the circus. She loved it all, and did not want to go home. She actually started crying when the circus was over and we told her it was time to go home. Addison enjoyed her 2nd circus much more than her 1st, she got to ride a pony, took an elephant ride and enjoyed watching the animals perform.





The look on her face when she climbed up on the pony was priceless. She wasn't even a tiny bit scared. We thought for sure she would want to get off right away, but not our fearless little one!!




After the pony ride, she saw people on the elephant and asked if she could ride the elephant too. We were much more hesitant about this, knowing that we did not want to have to pay for us to ride it with her; thinking she would never go up there without us. Well, she proved us wrong again. Addison climbed right up those steps, never looking back and climbed right on to the elephant. (You know as I type this, it appears a little scary to me. What else would she do without hesitating.....)


We tried VERY hard to get a picture of her with either Tony or I actually looking at the camera and smiling, but she wanted nothing to do with looking at us when trying to take a picture. So we have no pictures of us with her at the circus. We had a grea time and are looking forward to many more "dates" with Addison. It was fun for her to go out with just us and not Olivia. She just could not believe that Olivia was not going to come; she had to go to bed!


The rest of the pictures from the circus are ones we caught of the circus acts. Mom, the hula hoop one was for you. Addison remembered the story you told her about you doing the hula hoops. Enjoy!!

Check back soon for some more pictures of the lazy days of summer!!

3 comments:

Cassie and Lou said...

Oh it looks like you had so much fun Addison! And I see you got stuck in the middle of the elephant ride...Just like I did when I rode the elephant with my friend Julie at the zoo in Omaha! I can't wait to see you this weekend. Also, thank you for my cupcake. I ate it shortly after I got home, it was yummie! Say hi to Livi and your mom and dad!

Love you all!
Bubba / Cassie

Anonymous said...

I think it was awesome that Dad, Mom, and Addison had their own special date. Do hope you can continue this practice with each of your children. It does wonders for them and the bond among all of you will only grow deeper and stronger.

Hey Sunshine, you look like a natural on the pony. You seem to have a special way with the animals, they feel very comfortable with you and obviously you with them. Perhaps the start of your life passion.

Thank you so much for sharing. I love being able to keep up with all of the wonderful antics, fun activities, bumps and bruises, development milestones of all my granchildren.

Love to you all for always and all ways
Grammy
xo

Anonymous said...

Cousin Addison, I think you are awesome.....so brave to get up on that elephant! I hope I grow up as brave as you are.

Love,
Michael Leo