Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

The girls provided me with an excellent Mother's Day. Despite Addison's naughtiness over the weekend, it was a fun day! I got lay in bed, not quite asleep for an extra hour; all the while listening to "I want Mommy to do it", "Mommy, Happy Mother's Day"!! Daddy and the girls took me out to breakfast and then we shopped for a swingset. All sold out, Addison was one unhappy little girl. She was convinced we were bringing her home a playset that day. After much consoling and debate about when we would get one, she finally gave in and stopped crying about it. Boy, I sure hope we can find one SOON!!!

This Mother's Day, I was able to thank God for the blessings in my life. The doctors always told Tony and I that having children was going to be extremly hard if not impossible after the surgery I had and the things they found and had to remove at that time. Well, we prayed and prayed and yes it was difficult, Addison proved to be our miracle baby. When we found out I was pregnant again with Olivia, we were just in awe, not one miracle, but 2; how could this possibly be? I love being a mom, and love being with the girls. They are so different from one another, and it has been so much fun watching Addison with Olivia (although, I would not say watching her in the beginning was all that much fun - lots of poking, hitting and figuring out what this tiny little baby was doing to her world). They are grwoing to be the best of friends. Olivia absolutly loves to watch Addison and always lights up when she sees her. Olivia laughs at about anything Addison does; from dancing for her, making silly noises and even throwing a tantrum! Addison has a knack for making Olivia laugh in the middle of crying spell as well. And only Olivia gets kisses ALL day long. If mommy or daddy ask for a kiss, she simply says "no, I wanna give Livi a kiss".
Thank you mom for molding me into the mom I am today and the mom I hope to be someday. I strive to do my best for the girls and my family and you instilled that in me. Thank you for being my example, my rock, and my best friend. Thank you to mom for all you do for the girls, I appreciate it more than you will eve know.
Thank you to my mother-in-law for always being there to help with the girls; to come over on short notice and helping with gymnastics. Most importantly thank you for Tony. He is an amazing father and I really enjoy just sitting back and watching him with the girls. He loves being a dad, and brings so much enthusiasm to parenting!

2 comments:

Cassie and Lou said...

Sounds like you had a nice day! I'm so very happy for you. Happy Mother's day again Kerry. You really are a great mom and I've enjoyed watching you turn from the girl I watched growing up and listening to you saying "I don't want to give birth" to the woman you are and the sister I look up to and listening now to you say "I love my daughters and still want more...whatever God will give me." You are an inspiration...most of the time ;-) j\k. I love you Kerry! give my love, hugs, and kisses to your family. Let them know that Bubba will be home soon!

Love from Sweden
Cassie\Bubba!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am touched, thank you for your kind words. Kerry you are a wonderful mom. I enjoy watching you interact with your children. Relish the memories you are creating even during those tantrum moments. You will never have "this" moment again and your children will grow and move on much faster than you realize. Yes you have been blessed and keeping God as the center of your marriage and family will help to ensure the blessings continue. You also have a lot of angels watching over you.

Love for always and in all ways
mom
xo