Monday, June 08, 2009

The Allgood Wedding

We had a wonderful weekend in Albion and Cedar Rapids this weekend for the wedding ceremony of Eric and Angie. Angie looked like a princess and beamed of love, and of course Eric looked handsome as ever. I am fairly partial to how cute and gorgeous the flower girls looked though...Addison and Londyn did a wonderful job. Much better than was anticipated...they got down the aisle, stood with the big girls, smiled and played with the flowers in their baskets. Londyn did have to make a quick trip to the potty, but got right back to her duties as flower girl! Addison loved getting her hair done, and being a princess. Angie had bought both the flower girls little tiara's to wear. The other kids were great troopers, all in part to Grammy. I might not have managed without her. The hotel sleeping arrangements were less than desirable. Ella got to sleep while Grammy, Addison, Liv and I sat outside having a snack. We turned off the lights and geared up for a good night of sleep. Ella ruined that within 5 minutes. She ended up sleeping with us; much to my dismay. I can NEVER sleep very well when the girls sleep with us. Because we did not sleep real well, both Olivia and Ella fell asleep during the wedding.

We were tired on Saturday, but got up, got going and started having some fun. We all had a great weekend and were so glad to be apart of the wedding and the weekend. We wish Eric and Angie a wonderful life together and hope they can always remember how in love they were the day they were married!






At one point during the reception Addison and I were watching Eric and Angie dance their 1st dance as husband and wife. I leaned over to Addison and asked if she was going to someday find her prince and get married and wear a beautiful dress...she answered me with, "oh mommy, I am will get married, but don't worry I will always live with you"!! Kinda made my heart melt and a small few tears come to my eyes...the thought of them growing up to quick....








2 comments:

Cassie and Lou said...

Thanks for the pictures Kerry...I thought I'd left a comment when I first looked at this this AM, but nothing there...hmm, I'm loosin' it! The girls all looked so cute!

ccarring said...

Everyone looked beautiful. Olivia and Ella did a great job being the little sisters of the flower girl and they were quiet during the ceremony in St. Anthony's Church ;-)