Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mommy Experiences

Most people who read this blog are family, but for the VERY few who are not, let me tell you something about myself. I am a passionate person, and one of my passions is children. When I was working as an occupational therapist, I loved seeing the children everyday and the delight they got out of accomplishing something so many others take for granted. I still pray for many of those kids that I worked with, and have found many other children who are sick or just need some extra prayers. I am not sure how I stumbled upon this website, but it has captured my attention, my heart and I find myself praying for this fmaily everyday. I will not give you the whole story, as I want you to click on the link and fall in love with this amazing family for yourself. The VERY short version of the story, is that Tricia was preparing for a double lung transplant when she found out she was pregnant. Doctors advised her and her husband that carrying the baby would be very risky, through their faith, they choose life for their little miracle. She was born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks and some days. Both mom and baby are stable, Tricia has been listed on the transplant list, and now they wait. Here is their blog: http://www.cfhusband.blogspot.com/


Nate, Tricia's husband posted on his blog about doing something really neat for Tricia. (This was the original post: http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/2008/03/for-tricia.html )Coming up with a list of things I as a mom can not wait for Tricia to experience with Gwyneth. So here is my list:

Tricia, I can not wait for you to experience:

Slobbery kisses and hugs

the words, "momma" and she knows it means you

when she walks into your room at 5am and "just wants to snuggle with you"

when you have been gone all day, and she runs into your arms the minute she sees you

"Mommy, I love you"

a toothless smile

the way she can communicate a 1000 words with just her eyes and her smile

watching her dancing to the music on the radio

when she starts asking about God and Jesus

explaining the difference between a truth and a lie

when she realizes that male anatomy and female anatomy are different and wants to know what that "wiggly thing is" (you can read further down my blog to see my recent conversation with my 3 year old)

explaining that a bridal shower does not mean "actually taking a shower"

potty training!!!!

learning to sleep through the night

My list could go on and on!

Please peek in on this family and say a prayer for them when you do. I do not personally know them, but they have been placed on my heart and in my prayers.

1 comments:

CFHusband said...

Thank you!